Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Free 1.5 CEUs: Nutrition & Diabetes! On Demand Webinar.

http://www.academymedical.com/nutrition-chronic-disease-diabetes.asp

Welcome to Academy Medical System's Free Short Course. This course is Lesson 3 of an on-demand course entitled, "Nutrition and Chronic Disease Management." The entire series (9 CEs) is available in the On Demand Presentations catalog.
Who Should Be Interested:
Dietitians, Dietary Managers, Nurses, Exercise Physiologists, PTs, OTs, and any clinican caring for patients with chronic diseases.
Course Accreditation Information

Presenters:
Marli Carlson, BA-BPA, RD, CDE
Topics:I. MNT Goals:
A. Achieve and maintain blood glucose, lipid and blood pressure goals.
B. Prevent or slow development of chronic complications by modifying food choices and lifestyle.
C. Individualize the mal plan based on personal and cultural preferences and willingness to change.
D. Maintain pleasure of eating.
E. Meet nutritional needs for different stages of the lifecycle.
F. Provide self-management education for those treated with insulin.
II. Nutrition assessment
A. Energy balance
B. Carbohydrate
C. Fat and cholesterol
D. Protein
E. Alcohol
F. Micronutrients
III. Recommendations
A. Diabetes Prevention
B. Type 2
C. Type 1
D. Pregnancy/Lactation
E. Older Adults
Behavioral/Learning Objectives:
  1. State 3 goals of Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for Diabetes.
  2. Describe one component of the nutritional management of diabetes.
  3. Describe one nutrition intervention for a specific diabetes population.
Click here to view other
Nutrition/Dietary courses/products

Accreditation Information

Nurses – Academy Medical Systems is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA.
Academy Medical Systems (AMS) is also a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider #CEP14413.
AMS is also a provider approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, provider #50-19.
Iowa Nurses – The Iowa Board of Nurses will recognize the recorded webinars as a home study program. They recognize our ANCC approved provider status as well as our CA and Fl Board of Nursing provider approval for home study products for nurses in Iowa.
All other states recognize our approved provider status listed in the above text for continuing education credit for nurses.
1.5 contact hours will be rewarded to nursing professionals at the completion of this workshop.
Dietitians - Academy Medical Systems is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Registered dietitians (RDs) and dietetic technicians, registered (DTRs) will receive 1.5 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program/material.
Certified Dietary Managers – The Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM) has approved this course for 1.5 general hours, approval # 29973 through 9/15/11.
Occupational Therapist - Occupational Therapist will receive 1.5, continuing education hours for completion this program and a test score of 70% or better. AMS is an approved provider for the AOTA , provider # 5470.  This course is an intermediate education level.
Exercise Physiologist – ACSM recognizes AMS’s approved provider status with the ANCC and will honor our continuing education for Certified Exercise Physiologist recertification purposes.
Certified Athletic Trainers – Academy Medical Systems is recognized by the Board of Certification (BOC) to offer continuing education for certified athletic trainers. 1.5 hours will be awarded at the completion of this program.
Physical Therapists - PTs and PTAs in the following states will receive 1.5 contact hours for completion of this course: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA (Class 1), HI, IA, ID, IN, KS (Cat 2), KY,  MA, ME, MI, MN (Cat 2), MO, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OK (Cat 2), OR, RI, SC, SD, UT, VA (Type 2), VT, VI, WA, WI, WY.
We are an approved provider to offer continuing competency courses to CA PTs, approval date 4/5/10.  The following state boards recognize other state’s approval: AL, AZ, GA (Class 1), KY, MO, MS, OK (Cat 2), WI.
Because each state’s continuing education requirements for physical therapists is subject to change, please verify this information with your state board. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. This is dated January 4, 2012. Already expired by the Academy's standards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is john Rooney am from U.S.A. I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Imoloa herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.imoloa herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. u can contact him drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . call or whats-apps him through +2347081986098 . he is also specialize on.... GETTING YOUR VIRGINITY BACK.

    Thanks for the Enlarging my penis sir, you indeed save my marriage...I am really grateful sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to use this golden opportunity to say thanks to Chief Dr Wealthy for curing my ( DIABETES VIRUS) with his Herbal Medicine. i have being suffering from DIABETES Virus for 5 years now,and since then was using drug over which keep me till today,but one day as I was surfing through the Internet I met a post about a lady who was cured for DIABETES by Chief Dr Wealthy so I decided to give it a try to see if he could save my life Luckily for me I was cured by him. I cannot stop thanking him for what he has done for me if you are into similar problem you can contact him via email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com

    Chief Dr Wealthy have cure for any types of disease blows, call or Whats App +2348105150446.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr OSAGIE , i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years and 4 mouth without solution until i came across the email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 1 week and 5days which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. To all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this doctor if you really have one and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me and i know that there are some people out there who are really suffering and hurting their family just because of these diseases so you can to mail him on drosagiesolutiontemple@gmail.com OR
    DROSAGIESOULTIONTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM or WHATSAPP +2347030465649 he also told me that he has cure for these diseases listed below .
    HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS.
    .DIABETES .
    CANCER
    .HEPATITIS
    .HIV/AIDS
    . STD CURE
    Thank you for your time

    ReplyDelete